TOUGH WEEKEND FOR MOFFAT IN DARWIN
James Moffat had a tough weekend in the Northern Territory, a lack of car speed combined with a team pitlane error resulted in another frustrating result.
"It's hard to remain positive after a weekend like this, but we have to. There's a lot of work to do before Townsville if we're going to be competitive," James Moffat said.
Endurance co-driver Alex Davison does the first session
4th fastest session two
Fastest DJR driver in final session
"Today was fairly productive; certainly having Alex around gives us another view of the car, so we were able to make some progress off the back of feedback from both of us. Clearly, all the DJR cars need to find more speed though."
Lack of speed in car hampers qualifying
Steady race run nets 21st placed finish
"We were totally uncompetitive today, I was lucky not to get lapped. There's just no speed in the car, I did what I could but it wasn't much. Pretty frustrating."
Qualified 25th still struggling for speed
Storming start gets James to 13th in opening laps
Team pitlane error results in broken suspension
Misfire ends race
"What can you say, just not our weekend? I made a great start and made up a lot of places in the opening laps, and we were humming along quite nicely until the pitstop. Unfortunately they (the team) signaled me to leave the pitbox just as (teammate) Dean (Fiore) came in, we hit and it broke the suspension. We got back out but then the engine developed a misfire and we had to park it."
V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER EVENT 6 OF 15
1. Jamie Whincup, Team Vodafone, 1494 points
2. Will Davison, Trading Post FPR, 1456 points
3. Mark Winterbottom, Orrcon Steel FPR, 1445 points
4. Craig Lowndes, TeamVodafone, 1247 points
5. Shane Van Gisbergen, SP Tools Racing, 1145 points
6. Lee Holdsworth, Irwin Racing, 1079 points
7. Tim Slade, Lucky 7 Racing, 1059 points
8. Garth Tander, Holden Racing Team, 990 points
9. Fabian Coulthard, 910 points
10. Jason Bright, Team BOC, 804 points
27. James Moffat, Team Norton DJR, 344 points